Southern Spa & Salon Conference Humanitarian Award
Help Us Honor Industry Heroes!
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.”
— Anne Frank
There are many individuals in the spa and salon industry who give to others, selflessly and without recognition. You can honor one of these individuals by nominating her/him for the Southern Spa & Salon Conference Humanitarian Award (formerly known as the Esthetics International Humanitarian Award). Nominees must be estheticians, cosmetologists, massage therapists or others working within those disciplines. Selection will be based on contributions to the spa and salon industry and community.
To nominate, please fill out the pertinent information about the nominee. Be sure to share specific examples of how this person has given back to the industry or community in a way that deserves recognition. Include both your phone number and email address. Nominations must be received by September 25, 2020 to be eligible for the award.
- 2019 – Gayle Praechtl – Esthetic Instructor and owner of NewMed Concepts
- 2018 – Eli Jones – Esthetician, esthetic instructor
- 2017 – Michael Pugliese – CEO of Circadia by Dr. Pugliese
- 2016 – Alexandra Zani – AEsthani Skincare Institute, LLC
- 2016 – Dr. Erin Madigan-Fleck – Naturophoria
- 2015 – Cynthia Loving – President and CEO of LovingScents Aromatherapy
- 2014 – Lori Nestore – President of Eva’s Esthetics
- 2013 – Gennipher Wilson – Regional Sales Manager, Eminence Organic Skincare, NC, SC, VA, & TN, Owner, Elite Spa Therapy and Wellness and Spa on the Boulevard, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 2012 – Dr. Mark Lees – President and CEO, Mark Lees Skincare, Tallahassee, Florida
- 2010 – Donn Kerr – President and CEO, Esthetics International, Columbia South Carolina
- 2009 – Pam Huck – President, Med Spa Distributors, Mount Holly, North Carolina
- 2008 – Grace McLaurin, PA – Vitality Anti-Aging Center and Med Spa, Hickory, North Carolina
- 2007 – Janet Blevins, LMBT, HHP – Massage Program Co-coordinator, Living Arts School, Hickory and Greensboro, North Carolina
- 2006 – Rosanne Kinley – Chairman, South Carolina Board of Cosmetology, President, National Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology, Owner, Images Salon & Day School, Anderson, South Carolina
- 2005 – Kile Law – President and Owner, Blue Water Spa, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 2004 – Doug Rasmusson – Executive Director, Community Emergency Response Massage Therapy, Asheville, North Carolina
- 2003 – Rachel Swink – Past Owner, Millennium Spa and Salon, Hickory, North Carolina
- 2002 – Donn Kerr – President and CEO, Esthetics International, Columbia South Carolina
Do you know a colleague in the spa and salon industry who gives to others selflessly and without recognition? We invite you to honor them with a nomination for the 2020 Southern Spa & Salon Conference Humanitarian Award by submitting their info in the form below before 9/25/2020.